The Great Fugue
Klaipėda Chamber Orchestra
Soloist and conductor Andreas Staier (harpsichord, piano, Germany)
Programme: Johann Sebastian Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach, Joseph Haydn, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Ludwig van Beethoven
German pianist and harpsichordist Andreas Staier, who will appear as conductor and soloist with the Klaipėda Chamber Orchestra in this concert, has built a solid reputation as one of Europe’s most outstanding keyboard masters, specializing in the music of the 17th–19th centuries. Artistic Director of the KCO, Mindaugas Bačkus, has this to say about this programme: “it is works from the said period that we are going to rehearse and perform together with our guest conductor and soloist. We invite all to hear and assess the results of our collaboration.”
- We recommend to wear protective face masks or respirators at all times during our performances at indoor locations (except children below the age of 6 years and persons with disabilities who cannot safely wear a mask for reasons related to the disability).
- We ask all visitors to stay at home, if you have fever (at least 37.3 C) or experienced symptoms that cannot be attributed to a pre-existing condition or injury (cough, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, shortness of breath or difficulty of breathing, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, muscle or body aches, etc.).
- As organisers we have the right to ask authorized professionals to photograph or film our events. Photographs and/or video recordings may be used in our printed publications and/or on our website, in social media, in other publicity materials, or in third-party media. Please be aware of such possibility while attending our events. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed in the above manner (without the attribution of your identity), you have a right to request that your image be removed from the digital server and from any publicity material on the web by email email@example.com or telephone +370 650 17988.
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- 50% off for children under 7 years of age (admitted only to the educational programmes);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.