In the classical music repertory there are so many works depicting characters from fairy tales or related to stories and fables for children, while the “Jazzland” project offers a somewhat different musical adventure. It is a project for the entire family presented by the “Kauno santaka” Concert Institution and the Kaunas Big Band.
Jievaras Jasinskis, Artistic Director, Chief Conductor and trombonist with the Kaunas Big Band, composed and arranged music, which would correspond to the attractive visuals that have been created especially for this project. All – both little ones and grown-ups – are invited to get on a jazzy train and travel in a company of a snappy steward (actor Andrius Žiurauskas) who will lead us to the moon, to the underwater world, to a pirate ship, or to the other side of the looking-glass… Or maybe somewhere else? Why disclose all secrets, if we are up for real adventures!
Jazzland is a programme where all performers act their roles and the listeners are drawn to take active part in the action. It is specially devised for children but grown-ups are also invited to have a listen just because we all need some jazz in our lives and a tiny patch of land in a fairy kingdom. Let us then embark on an unpredictable and incredible journey to Jazzland!
- We recommend to wear protective face masks or respirators at all times during our performances at indoor locations (except children below the age of 6 years and persons with disabilities who cannot safely wear a mask for reasons related to the disability).
- We ask all visitors to stay at home, if you have fever (at least 37.3 C) or experienced symptoms that cannot be attributed to a pre-existing condition or injury (cough, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, shortness of breath or difficulty of breathing, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, muscle or body aches, etc.).
- As organisers we have the right to ask authorized professionals to photograph or film our events. Photographs and/or video recordings may be used in our printed publications and/or on our website, in social media, in other publicity materials, or in third-party media. Please be aware of such possibility while attending our events. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed in the above manner (without the attribution of your identity), you have a right to request that your image be removed from the digital server and from any publicity material on the web by email email@example.com or telephone +370 650 17988.
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- 50% off for children under 7 years of age (admitted only to the educational programmes);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.