The Klaipėda Concert Hall offers a guided tour to the Klaipėda Carillon Tower led by our expert guide who will introduce the history behind this unique instrument that has been installed in the historical post office building. Make the most of your visit to this popular landmark in Klaipėda and learn how and when the carillon was first brought to the harbour city and why it became one of the city‘s most recognisable icons.
The carillon is an open-air instrument and thus its ringing can be heard at the same distance as the tower where it is installed can be seen from a few miles away. A guided tour offers an opportunity to get closer to the carillon and learn where the best spot for focused listening is located.
“When they first hear the carillon ring out, some people think they hear church bells. Thus, our guided tours are specially designed for people visiting Klaipėda and curious citizens who want to learn more about the bell instrument and appreciate its uniqueness. As we climb 122 steps to the top floor of the 42-metre-tall tower, participants are listening to the stories about the former post office building that sometimes surprise even those who were have lived in Klaipėda all their lives,” says educator Dovilė Kirdaitė. She also adds that during a guided tour visitors can test the only carillon simulator in Lithuania, which carillonneurs use for practicing.
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- 50% off for children under 7 years of age (admitted only to the educational programmes);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.