The Seven Last Words of Christ
Duration of the event: 1 hr. 10 min.
Klaipėda Choir Aukuras
Artistic Director and Conductor Tomas Ambrozaitis
Soloists: Rita Petrauskaitė (soprano), Tadas Jakas (tenor), Farshad Abbasabadi (baritone, Iran)
Aušra Valentienė (piano)
Programme: Juozas Naujalis, Vaclovas Augustinas, Théodore Dubois
In this concert, the seven last words of Christ will be translated into musical language. The Seven Last Words of Christ is the title of an oratorio by French romantic composer Théodore Dubois (1837–1924). It was chosen by the newly appointed artistic director of the Klaipėda Choir Aukuras, Tomas Ambrozaitis, as the centre piece of this programme. The expectation of the resurrection will be also celebrated with the sacred music by the patriarch of Lithuanian national music, Juozas Naujalis, and composer of contemporary choral music Vaclovas Augustinas. After all, the renewed activity of Aukuras might be taken as a sign of its resurrection too…
- We recommend to wear protective face masks or respirators at all times during our performances at indoor locations (except children below the age of 6 years and persons with disabilities who cannot safely wear a mask for reasons related to the disability).
- We ask all visitors to stay at home, if you have fever (at least 37.3 C) or experienced symptoms that cannot be attributed to a pre-existing condition or injury (cough, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, shortness of breath or difficulty of breathing, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, muscle or body aches, etc.).
- As organisers we have the right to ask authorized professionals to photograph or film our events. Photographs and/or video recordings may be used in our printed publications and/or on our website, in social media, in other publicity materials, or in third-party media. Please be aware of such possibility while attending our events. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed in the above manner (without the attribution of your identity), you have a right to request that your image be removed from the digital server and from any publicity material on the web by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +370 650 17988.
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- 50% off for children under 7 years of age (admitted only to the educational programmes);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.