Music from the Swiss Alps
Klaipėda Chamber Orchestra
Artistic Director Mindaugas Bačkus
Soloist Miss Helvetia-Barbara Klossner (yodeler, Switzerland)
With the participation of Tobias König (vocals, piano, saxophone, trumpet, Alphorn, Switzerland)
Programme: yodeling with the orchestral accompaniment (arrangements by Rimantas Giedraitis)
The Klaipėda Chamber Orchestra presents a unique programme compiled by its long-time collaborator, Swiss conductor Kaspar Zehnder. This concert features the music of the Swiss Alps – that is, a folk tradition of singing known as yodeling – in the masterful performance of Barbara Klossner who is known by her stage name Miss Helvetia. She has become the Swiss national symbol sincerely committed to the preservation of its traditional culture. Her appearances in celebrations of the Swiss national day and on other solemn occasions have often become headline acts. Do not miss the chance to hear the music of the Swiss Alps at the Klaipėda Concert Hall!
- We recommend to wear protective face masks or respirators at all times during our performances at indoor locations (except children below the age of 6 years and persons with disabilities who cannot safely wear a mask for reasons related to the disability).
- We ask all visitors to stay at home, if you have fever (at least 37.3 C) or experienced symptoms that cannot be attributed to a pre-existing condition or injury (cough, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, shortness of breath or difficulty of breathing, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, muscle or body aches, etc.).
- As organisers we have the right to ask authorized professionals to photograph or film our events. Photographs and/or video recordings may be used in our printed publications and/or on our website, in social media, in other publicity materials, or in third-party media. Please be aware of such possibility while attending our events. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed in the above manner (without the attribution of your identity), you have a right to request that your image be removed from the digital server and from any publicity material on the web by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +370 650 17988.
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- 50% off for children under 7 years of age (admitted only to the educational programmes);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.