The Magician of the Trombone
Duration of the event: 1 hr. 10 min.
Klaipėda Brass Quintet:
Soloist Mike Svoboda (trombone, USA / Switzerland)
In this programme the Klaipėda Brass Quintet will team up with Mike Svoboda, a renowned American trombonist, composer and educator. He regularly gives performances at various festivals and appears with major orchestras as a soloist throughout the world. Since 2007 he has been professor for contemporary chamber music and trombone at the University of Music in Basel, Switzerland. He is also keen to pass on his knowledge to the next generation of musicians in master classes and working as jury member in various competitions. He composes across the borders between popular and classical music, high culture and entertainment, combining both traditional and avant-garde. Mike Svoboda has received commissions from European festivals and opera houses. Major festivals have invited him to be artist or composer-in-residence.
During his third visit to the Klaipėda Concert Hall, he will share professional secrets and prepare a new programme with the members of the Klaipėda Brass Quintet. It will not only feature his own composition but also a work by avant-garde music guru Karlheinz Stockhausen, with whom he has collaborated for more than a decade as a trombonist in his operas and assistant. Tango aficionados will have an opportunity to enjoy the unexpected brass colours in the arrangements of Ástor Piazzolla’s nuevo tango.
A note for fans and players of music for wind instruments: this programme will surely leave you gasping at the possibilities these instruments can reveal in the hands of masterful artists such as these!
- We recommend to wear protective face masks or respirators at all times during our performances at indoor locations (except children below the age of 6 years and persons with disabilities who cannot safely wear a mask for reasons related to the disability).
- We ask all visitors to stay at home, if you have fever (at least 37.3 C) or experienced symptoms that cannot be attributed to a pre-existing condition or injury (cough, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, shortness of breath or difficulty of breathing, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, muscle or body aches, etc.).
- As organisers we have the right to ask authorized professionals to photograph or film our events. Photographs and/or video recordings may be used in our printed publications and/or on our website, in social media, in other publicity materials, or in third-party media. Please be aware of such possibility while attending our events. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed in the above manner (without the attribution of your identity), you have a right to request that your image be removed from the digital server and from any publicity material on the web by email email@example.com or telephone +370 650 17988.
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- 50% off for children under 7 years of age (admitted only to the educational programmes);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.