A Night at the Musicals
Summer Concert Series
Klaipėda Choir Aukuras
Artistic Director Alfonsas Vildžiūnas
Conductor Derek Barnes (United Kingdom)
With the participation of the string quartet of the Klaipėda Chamber Orchestra:
Programme: Andrew Lloyd Webber, Leonard Bernstein, George Gershwin, a. o. (arr. by Karolis Žioltikovas)
The musicals will reign supreme in this concert! Many of us just love his popular musical entertainment, which is akin to musical films and rock operas, with lots of singing, dancing, and acting. This form of modern Western musical theatre, which combines songs, spoken dialogue, acting and choreography, emerged during the 19th century in the United Kingdom and the United States. The early musical entertainments, drawing largely on structural elements borrowed from Gilbert and Sullivan in Britain and Harrigan and Hart in America, led to the emergence of some ground-breaking works composed by Jerome Kern, George Gershwin, Richard Rogers, Frederick Loewe, Leonard Bernstein, Andrew Lloyd Webber and many other world-famous composers.
Excerpts from their musicals will be included in the programme "A Night at the Musicals" presented by the Klaipėda Choir Aukuras under its Artistic Director, Alfonsas Vildžiūnas, and the 12-piece instrumental group. It was prepared in collaboration with Derek Barnes (UK) who is an international vocal specialist, musical director and conductor, composer and arranger who divides his time between his own musical career and the training of young professionals at the highest level. Last year several singers from the Aukuras Choir attended his master class at the Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre. The academy has recently introduced musical theatre actor specialty in its curriculum. Fascinated by his professionalism, the singers wished he would prepare a programme featuring the excerpts from the most popular musicals with them. Thus, new arrangements for choir, string quartet, wind and rhythm groups are being prepared especially for this concert, so that the programme would sound as convincing as it can be.
This night at the musicals offers loads of positive emotions!
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- 50% off for children under 7 years of age (admitted only to the educational programmes);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.