Alexander Paley (Artistic Director, piano, USA), Vytenis Gurstis (flute), Ugnius Dičiūnas (oboe), Karolis Kolakauskas (clarinet), Andrius Puplauskis (bassoon), Gediminas Abaris (horn), Linas Valickas (violin), Tomas Petrikis (viola), Rokas Vaitkevičius (cello), Dainius Rudvalis (double bass)
Programme: Johann Nepomuk Hummel, Ignaz Moscheles, Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
Virtuoso pianist Alexander Paley returns to the Klaipėda Concert Hall joined by his newly formed Paleasis Ensemble. He says, “it is not a one-off project but rather a regularly rehearsing, performing and constantly improving formation, and the embodiment of my own long-time ambition. I am very pleased that my dream finally came true in Lithuania. I was very fortunate to form an ensemble of ten professional, like-minded musicians who are committed to our common goal of restoring to the concert stage some well-known, rarely performed and currently composed classical masterpieces. To the audience in Klaipėda we are going to introduce three large-scale works and one little surprise. I sincerely hope that the Paleasis Ensemble will gather momentum and become an active participant of classical music life in Lithuania and elsewhere.”
Alexander Paley is widely acclaimed for his dazzling technical prowess and exceptional musical personality. A prize-winner of numerous prestigious piano competitions, he is highly coveted at the world’s major concert halls and classical music festivals. His busy worldwide tour schedule averages 80 appearances each year. Not long before he used to share his time between New York in the United States, where he had settled after his defection from the Soviet Union in 1988, and Paris in Europe. But from the fall 2021 he spends more and more time in Lithuania where he not only bought property in Vilnius, mounts concerts nationwide, but also teaches piano at the Vytautas Magnus University Music Academy.
The programme in Klaipėda will feature Paley as a leader of nine distinguished musicians – five wind players and four string players. Together they will perform chamber works by Johann Nepomuk Hummel, Ignaz Moscheles, and Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov. We invite all admirers of Paley’s talent to attend the performance presented by the Paleasis Ensemble!
- We recommend to wear protective face masks or respirators at all times during our performances at indoor locations (except children below the age of 6 years and persons with disabilities who cannot safely wear a mask for reasons related to the disability).
- We ask all visitors to stay at home, if you have fever (at least 37.3 C) or experienced symptoms that cannot be attributed to a pre-existing condition or injury (cough, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, shortness of breath or difficulty of breathing, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, muscle or body aches, etc.).
- As organisers we have the right to ask authorized professionals to photograph or film our events. Photographs and/or video recordings may be used in our printed publications and/or on our website, in social media, in other publicity materials, or in third-party media. Please be aware of such possibility while attending our events. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed in the above manner (without the attribution of your identity), you have a right to request that your image be removed from the digital server and from any publicity material on the web by email email@example.com or telephone +370 650 17988.
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- 50% off for children under 7 years of age (admitted only to the educational programmes);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.