Klaipėda Choir Aukuras
Artistic Director and Conductor Alfonsas Vildžiūnas
With the participation of an instrumental group from the Trimitatis Folk Instrument Orchestra
Leader Anatolijus Tumanovas
Alfonsas Vildžiūnas, Artistic Director of the Klaipėda Choir Aukuras, who has conceived and is going to conduct the programme “Forgotten Songs,” reminisced: “In the 1990s Lithuanian choirs were among the most active participants of the international choral competitions. There was usually an obligatory piece by a national composer to be included in the competitor’s programme. Many Lithuanian composers contributed quite a few new choral compositions around that time. Major contributions came from the likes of Jonas Tamulionis, Algirdas Martinaitis, Nijolė Sinkevičiūtė, Vytautas Miškinis, and Vaclovas Augustinas. Some works written especially for choral competitions appear rather demanding, not suitable for every choir. For this reason such works have fallen into oblivion. But on the other hand, these works that mark the resurgence of choral music at the turn of the centuries deserve to be resuscitated and performed at concerts.”
The Klaipėda Choir Aukuras, which is currently the resident collective of the Klaipėda Concert Hall, was formed in 1993. Over the years it has garnered fourteen prizes in international choral competitions. Most of these victories took place during the said period, which coincided with the first years of restored independence and marked significant artistic achievements both in composition and in the international spread of Lithuanian choral music.
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- 50% off for children under 7 years of age (admitted only to the educational programmes);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.
- Children under age 7 are not admitted to the evening concerts. The Klaipėda Concert Hall offers special educational projects for pre-school children and their parents.