Klaipėda Chamber Orchestra
Artistic Director Mindaugas Bačkus
Soloists: Imran Khan (sitar, India), Sanju Sahai (tabla, India)
The Klaipėda Chamber Orchestra continues to surprise us with bold and unique programming ideas. In the festival’s closing concert, the ensemble will dive into the depths of Indian classical music together with soloists Imran Khan (sitar) and Naim Khan (tabla), who will be coming from distant India. They will perform Indian ragas, which are elaborate compositions of Indian classical music, based on a melodic pattern within the range of a certain mode. When performed masterfully, the raga creates a special emotional atmosphere, helping the listener to experience one of the nine aesthetic emotions called rasas. Let us immerse ourselves in the enchanting sound of exotic music!
- We recommend to wear protective face masks or respirators at all times during our performances at indoor locations (except children below the age of 6 years and persons with disabilities who cannot safely wear a mask for reasons related to the disability).
- We ask all visitors to stay at home, if you have fever (at least 37.3 C) or experienced symptoms that cannot be attributed to a pre-existing condition or injury (cough, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, shortness of breath or difficulty of breathing, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, muscle or body aches, etc.).
- As organisers we have the right to ask authorized professionals to photograph or film our events. Photographs and/or video recordings may be used in our printed publications and/or on our website, in social media, in other publicity materials, or in third-party media. Please be aware of such possibility while attending our events. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed in the above manner (without the attribution of your identity), you have a right to request that your image be removed from the digital server and from any publicity material on the web by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +370 650 17988.
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- 50% off for children under 7 years of age (admitted only to the educational programmes);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.