Rhythm Games 4
Educational programme for kids (aged between 5–11 years) and their families
Rugilė Latvėnaitė, Donatas Stakėnas (actors)
Edmundas Federavičius (drums and percussion)
Programme: rhythm games using percussion instruments from Spain, Argentina, Japan, and Afrika
The educational programme “Rhythm Games IV” was launched in autumn 2021 during the Music of Changes Festival. Since the programme was warmly received by the little listeners, it was instantly decided to schedule repeat performances and to engage still more children from Klaipėda into educational and entertaining rhythm games.
The educational programme “Rhythm Games IV” combines two art forms – music and theatre. The latter will be represented by actors Rugilė Latvėnaitė and Donatas Stakėnas whose performance will add playfulness, attractiveness and accessibility to this programme. Together with actors and percussionist Edmundas Federavičius, the young listeners will be taken on a transcontinental journey and travel from Spain to Argentina, from Japan to Africa. Children will be introduced to percussion instruments from different parts of the world and encouraged to take active part in this programme by playing and acting themselves. Having tried various instruments and learned about rhythm, they are expected to make music themselves, develop a taste for and a better understanding of music.
Rhythm is the basis of all music, thus by way of learning to play simple rhythms children are ushered into the wider world of sounds and shown what rhythms and instruments can be found in the cultures of different peoples around the world.
- from 1 October 2021 onwards, all visitors to the public events held inside the Klaipėda Concert Hall (except children under the age of 6 and persons who cannot safely wear masks for reasons related to the disability or chronic health conditions) must wear medical respirators;
- children under 6 years of age are admitted to the educational events without wearing face masks;
- the concert goers showing symptoms of acute respiratory infections (cold or flu like symptoms), experiencing fever (37.3ºC and more) or other signs of infectious diseases shall not be admitted to the events and no claims for ticket refunds shall be accepted.
VAILABLE DISCOUNTS (only for the concerts subject to availability):
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- 50% off for children under 7 years of age (admitted only to the educational programmes);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.
- Children under age 7 are not admitted to the evening concerts. The Klaipėda Concert Hall offers special educational projects for pre-school children and their parents.