Rhythm Games 5
An educational programme for kids (aged 5 to 11 years old) and their parents
Rugilė Latvėnaitė, Donatas Stakėnas (actors)
Jotvilas Švirinas (drums, percussion)
Programme: contemporary works for percussion and rhythm games with body percussion
For a fifth year in a row the Music of Changes Festival offers a singular event for its littlest listeners – children aged between 5 and 11 years. Colourful educational programmes for the “Rhythm Games” series, combining rhythmic music and theatrical elements, are being created by actress Rugilė Latvėnaitė.
To make a long story short, “Rhythm Games” now turns five! “A serious anniversary, worth a serious celebration, especially for us rhythm-crazed people. We won’t be happy just to eat cake, blow the candles, and sing a happy birthday song. We are ready to celebrate in all possible ways. Together with our audience, we will look around and explore various festivals – from birthday parties to various celebrations from around the world, which involve exuberant music and processions, with dances and rhythmic movement of bodies that quiver to the beat, unable to stop. How do they celebrate birthdays during the carnival in Rio? What would happen if you were born on Christmas Day? Do Easter bunnies receive eggs as birthday gifts? In the fifth programme of the “Rhythm Games” series we will seek answers to these and even stranger questions, as well as create our dream birthday party together,” says Latvėnaitė.
In this programme she will be accompanied by actor Donatas Stakėnas and percussionist Jotvilas Švirinas who will demonstrate the sound and possibilities of various percussion instruments.
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- 50% off for children under 7 years of age (admitted only to the educational programmes);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.