The Orchestra of Palyful Music. Episode 26
Klaipėda Chamber Orchestra
Artistic Director Mindaugas Bačkus
Soloists: pupils of the Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, and Juozas Karosas Music School
Programme: Johann Sebastian Bach, Vittorio Monti, Isaac Stern, Gary Schocker, Piotr Tchaikovsky, Arthur Pryor, Zequinha de Abreu, Romas Morkūnas
The Klaipėda Concert Hall’s most popular series of family concerts, The Orchestra of Playful Music, was launched thirteen years ago – at the end of February 2009. Since then, the ideas for the series have been developed by the ever-resourceful Klaipėda Chamber Orchestra under the artistic leadership of Mindaugas Bačkus. 25 playful programmes have been created thus far and all of them have proven successful with the children and their parents alike. Some of the programmes are still being repeated by public demand. The series became known not only in Klaipėda but also nationwide: it has been presented at the Lithuanian National Philharmonic Hall, the Kaunas State Philharmonic Hall, and at the Tauragė Culture Centre.
Episode 26 of the series will feature young talent from the Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Jeronimas Kačinskas and Juozas Karosas Music Schools appearing alongside the Klaipėda Chamber Orchestra.
Come and support young performers playing playful music with the orchestra!
- from 1 October 2021 onwards, all visitors to the public events held inside the Klaipėda Concert Hall (except children under the age of 6 and persons who cannot safely wear masks for reasons related to the disability or chronic health conditions) must wear medical respirators;
- children under 6 years of age are admitted to the educational events without wearing face masks;
- the concert goers showing symptoms of acute respiratory infections (cold or flu like symptoms), experiencing fever (37.3ºC and more) or other signs of infectious diseases shall not be admitted to the events and no claims for ticket refunds shall be accepted.
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- 50% off for children under 7 years of age (admitted only to the educational programmes);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.
- Children under age 7 are not admitted to the evening concerts. The Klaipėda Concert Hall offers special educational projects for pre-school children and their parents.