The Orchestra of Playful Music. Episode 22: The Sound of Music
Educational programme for families (last performance at KCH)
Klaipėda Chamber Orchestra
Artistic Director Mindaugas Bačkus
Evelina Šimelionė (director and actress)
Gytis Šimelionis (actor)
Laima Akstinaitė (set and costume designer)
With the participation of: Patricija Rubinaitė, Barbora Puidokaitė, Jokūbas Matvejevas, Adrijus Iljinas, Barbora Cirtautaitė, Teodoras Žilvinas Žilinskas, Mintarė Rindzevičiūtė (vocal ensemble of the Klaipėda Vydūnas Gymnasium) and Solveiga Mikniūtė (teacher and ensemble leader Ingrida Bertulienė)
Programme: a musical performance after The Sound of Music by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II
Quite a few songs from this musical have long become standards known by heart among the fans of the genre. It has enjoyed unfading popularity for almost six decades ever since its premiere on Broadway in 1959. It is based on a true story that still moves people across generations and throughout the world.
It is The Sound of Music, an award-winning musical with music by Richard Rogers and lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II, that was adapted as a 1965 film musical by Robert Wise to become a major commercial success in film history and the highest-grossing film of all time. We offer the last chance to see this exciting musical-theatrical improvisation based on the themes from the famous musical on the stage of the Klaipėda Concert Hall!
- We recommend to wear protective face masks or respirators at all times during our performances at indoor locations (except children below the age of 6 years and persons with disabilities who cannot safely wear a mask for reasons related to the disability).
- We ask all visitors to stay at home, if you have fever (at least 37.3 C) or experienced symptoms that cannot be attributed to a pre-existing condition or injury (cough, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, shortness of breath or difficulty of breathing, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, muscle or body aches, etc.).
- As organisers we have the right to ask authorized professionals to photograph or film our events. Photographs and/or video recordings may be used in our printed publications and/or on our website, in social media, in other publicity materials, or in third-party media. Please be aware of such possibility while attending our events. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed in the above manner (without the attribution of your identity), you have a right to request that your image be removed from the digital server and from any publicity material on the web by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +370 650 17988.
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- 50% off for children under 7 years of age (admitted only to the educational programmes);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.