Summer Concert Series
A semi-staged concert for kids (ages 5 to 11) and their families
Evelina Šimelionė, Gytis Šimelionis (concept, music and performance)
Songs set the poems from Violeta Palčinskaitė’s book Lietaus nykštukai (Rain Dwarfs)
At the end of July, we expect "Rain Dwarfs" to visit our Summer Concert Series. Let's hope they won't come out of a clear blue sky but appear in the form of poems and sounds of music. "Rain Dwarfs" is a programme conceived, written and performed by two incredibly creative actors and partners in life – Evelina Šimelionė and Gytis Šimelionis – who have been among the Klaipėda Concert Hall's most frequent collaborators in the past few years. They borrowed the title for their programme from the book of poems by Violeta Palčinskaitė, from which they picked texts for their songs.
Evelina says, "in this semi-staged concert children will meet two little characters who can't find the way back home in a labyrinth of the forest. Having gone through various adventures and difficulties, they will ask children to help them find the true way rather than rambling aimlessly all the time. The large map looks like a labyrinth to dwarfs: they need to learn how to read it and return home, without losing their way. However, unexpected encounters with the wolf or paper captain will carry them to places entirely different from what they have planned initially. Poems by Palčinskaitė will transport us to a fairy tale, in which we will look for our true way all together with children."
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- 50% off for children under 7 years of age (admitted only to the educational programmes);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.